…And now for something completely different!!
The Telstar blends the sinewy harmonic assertion of EL84s with the deep full control of 6L6s in a new and unique push pull recipe.
You may have a 6L6 amp or an EL84 amp but not an amp that uses both types in harmony for a new pallet of expression.
The Telstar sound can easily range from haunting rich cleans to creamy overdrive.
Our Lean/Lush switch tailors the body of the tone while the 53/58 switch changes
the overall gain structure and the frequencies the Tone control emphasizes.
Sonically treading the years from early Fullerton 50s roundness thru late 50s proto British bite.
- 17 Watts full output - (Double Digit Power)
- 6L6 (stock) plus EL84 power tubes together in push pull class A - (Unprecedented)
- Use any octal power tube with the EL84 without re-biasing - (experimental)
- 53/58 switch – round early 50s Fullerton to Proto British Hot Rod - (Macho)
- Lean/Lush switch – tight to rich bass - (elastic)
- All tube Reverb - (Aquatic)
- Built-in variable attenuator 17 watts down to zero - (Useful)
- Mid Century Midrange - (confident)
- Extended range One Knob tone control - (Less is More)
- Early 60s thin wall space age cabinet - (Solid Tone)
- Custom ‘Valiant’ speaker – (Sincere to Sinister)
- 1) 6L6 (EL34 - 6V6 compatible) 1) EL84 1) 6SL7 Tung Sol Octal 1) 12AX7 1) 12AT7
- 100% Point to Point wiring
- Solen Aerospace Satellite power supply capacitors
- Selected mixed resistor types
- Jupiter Tone Caps
- Custom Carr power/output transformers
- Local made saddle leather handles
- Cabinets built in house